Data Use Policy
By downloading and/or using data collected under the auspices of RMBL, the user agrees to the following responsibilities:
- The Principal Investigator (PI) is the data owner and retains all rights to data released to the public.
- Ecological data sets are dynamic and may change over time. RMBL and the PI(s) disclaim any responsibility for errors, omissions or other flaws that may or may not exist within online data. Data are available ‘as is’ without express or implied warranty. RMBL shall not be liable for damages resulting from mis-use or mis-interpretation of datasets or from errors or omissions that may exist in the data. The user assumes all responsibility for errors in analysis or judgment associated with online data.
- Before using any data or metadata found herein, please provide accurate and complete information to the PI responsible for the data set of interest. Researchers whose projects are dependent on another researcher’s data should consider collaboration and/or co-authorship with original investigators.It is considered a matter of professional ethics to acknowledge the work of other scientists generating data used in subsequent research. Any data used MUST be accompanied by the appropriate citations and acknowledgments.
- RMBL requires that users submit a PDF copy of any publication resulting from the use of this data to email@example.com.
- Data are provided on an end-user basis. Users may not redistribute data obtained from this site. You specifically agree not to sell or re-distribute data. However, links or references to this website or webpages within this website may be freely posted.
- Data are provided under the understanding that their use will not cause detriment to the species involved or other research projects.
Violation of any of the terms of this Data User’s Agreement will result in immediate forfeiture of the data, as well as a complete loss of future access privileges to data collected by researchers associated with RMBL.