Kids Nature Camp
What is Kids Nature Camp at the Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory?
We explore the natural environment of the forests, meadows, and mountains surrounding RMBL in Gothic, Colorado. Through nature awareness games, hands-on field science, nature hikes, guided wandering, nature-inspired art, journaling, story-telling, lab experiments, meeting with RMBL scientists and more… our campers learn to observe, appreciate, and ask questions about mountain ecosystems. Participants have the unique opportunity to meet and observe real field scientists at work and learn research skills such as observing wildlife, trapping and tagging animals, and collecting data. RMBL Kids Nature Camp teaches kids that science is important and FUN!
FOR KIDS AGES 4-12
Dates: June 10 - August 16, 2013 Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
(Kids ride the chaperoned bus to Nature Camp in Gothic. The bus leaves the 4-Way Stop in Crested Butte at 8:30 a.m. & arrives back at the 4-way Stop in Crested Butte at 1:30 p.m.)
FEES: $40 per child per day or $380 for 1 day per week for all ten weeks. A limited number of scholarships are available.
Ages 4 - 5 Wednesday
Ages 5 - 9 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday (closed on July 4th)
Ages 9-12 Thursday *NEW* WEIRD SCIENCE (closed on July 4th)
To contact Kids Nature Camp at RMBL, please email Annie Starr at email@example.com or call (970) 901-1395.
KNC Registration Policies 2013
- $25.00 Registration fee per family.
- Full refund only for cancellations made 2 weeks prior to date of cancelled camp day.
- Half refund for cancellations made within 2 weeks of the cancelled camp day.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 48 hours of the cancelled camp day.
- Full/half refunds to be determined for emergency situations.
- Make up days on a space available basis
Print out a registration form here.
Please print out RMBL Liability form here.