If you are visiting RMBL in the Fall, lucky you! August, September, and October are among the most beautiful times to visit the West Elk Rockies, but the weather can vary and be unpredictable. Below is a recommended packing list to consider before you visit.
Must-Haves in Gothic
- Sleeping bag comfort-rated to at least 20 degrees F (we provide a mattress)
- Fitted sheet (size single), pillow, and pillowcase. Bring a top sheet if you like. (RMBL does not provide linens)
- Good shoes for navigating uneven terrain
- Shower shoes & a towel
- Toiletries (body wash/soap, toothpaste, toothbrush)
- Contact lenses/glasses
- Personal prescriptions
- Rain jacket or umbrella
- Warm clothing, including a coat, gloves, and a hat (it could snow!)
- Long sleeve shirts and long pants
- Water bottle – hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- Notebook, pencils, pens, paper, etc.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Flashlight or headlamp with extra batteries
- Chapstick and body lotion (the air is very dry)