Between 50 and 75 research assistants and technicians join our scientists each summer at RMBL
Research Assistants help with the day to day aspect of conducting research at RMBL. Some of the research assistants are local, some come from as far away as Europe or Australia. They make up a key part of the Gothic community, and many go on to become RMBL Scientists on their own.
Students wishing to work as a Research Assistant should contact scientists directly. Scientists typically hire their research crews between January and March, preceding the summer field season.
If you have already been hired as a Research Assistant, the following links may be helpful for you:
- Information on housing and costs in Gothic
- Summer Resident Information
- Dining Hall, RMBL’s On-campus eating facility
- RMBL Research Assistant Application – This application is only for students who have ALREADY been hired by a scientist
If you would like to be a Research Assistant at RMBL email RMBL’s Science Director, Jennie Reithel, Ph.D. Jennie may be able to match you up with a scientist who is in need of RAs. You can also check our Job Opportunities page where we sometimes list opportunities for Research Techs or Interns. Other things to consider:
- What type of research would you like to pursue?
- Would you prefer to live in Gothic or in one of the nearby towns of Mt. Crested Butte or Crested Butte?
- Do you require a salary, or would room, board, and a stipend be sufficient compensation?
- How long of a period can you commit to the work?