Here is a link to a very well-done field safety webinar, “Safer Science: Strategies to protect at-risk researchers when conducting fieldwork.” You can find a recording of the webinar on the Safer Science event website.
Several field safety resources were discussed and shared during the event. The complete list can be found below and on the Safer Science event website.
- Amelia-Juliette Demery and Monique Pipkin’s Nature Ecology and Evolution publication: Safe fieldwork strategies for at-risk individuals, their supervisors and their institutions
- Cornell University Graduate School: Practical Steps for Supporting Social Justice & Addressing Inequalities
- University of California Field Research Safety Center of Excellence
- University of California Berkeley Environment, Health & Safety Field Safety
- University of California Riverside 2021 Fieldwork Toolkit Leadership Training Series
- ADVANCEGeo: In the Field
- American Geophysical Union: Ten Steps to Protect BIPOC Scholars in the Field
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The ecological and evolutionary consequences of systemic racism in urban environments