At RMBL we focus on safety and being aware of all hazards that come with living in a historic mining town at 9,500 ft.
Please review the handouts below that will help guests stay safe in Gothic and its surroundings.
- RMBL Travel & Safety Plan
- Emergency Procedures
- Local Healthcare Providers
- Evacuation Procedures
- Space Heaters
- Wood Stove Operation Instructions
- Wildlife Encounter Information
- Hantavirus Prevention
- Bat Information
- Tick Removal Guide
I. HEALTH and SAFETY – CALL or TEXT 911
Phones in Gothic: Please try your neighbor in nearby cabins first.
Other phones are located:
- Willey Lab building (Administration Offices):
- Main Office, Rooms 101 & 102, Monday – Friday 8 AM-Noon and 1-5 PM
- The Visitors Center, 10 AM-4 PM daily (June-September)
- billy barr community center board room or commercial kitchen (6 AM – 10 PM)
II. WATER THAT WON’T SHUT OFF or LEAKING GAS
Shut off water or gas, if possible, and email RMBL staff at:
Expect an email response within 2 hours during business hours Monday – Friday; or by 9:00 AM the following day on weekends.
III. LOCALIZED NON-CONTAINED FIRE- CALL or TEXT 911
- Exit the building through the nearest door or window;
- Inform dispatch about the location and size of the fire;
- If the fire is small and safe to put out, use a fire extinguisher;
- Inform the Administration Office in the Willey Lab during office hours or Ian Billick/Jennie Reithel in Barclay cabin after hours.
For water that won’t turn on or empty propane tanks, please fill out a work crew request form. Forms can be found in the mail room of the Administration Offices.