At RMBL we focus on safety and being aware of all hazards that come with living in a historic mining town at 9,500 ft.
Please review the handouts below that will help guests stay safe in Gothic and its surroundings.
- RMBL Travel & Safety Plan
- Emergency Procedures
- Local Healthcare Providers
- Evacuation Procedures
- Space Heaters
- Wood Stove Operation Instructions
- Wildlife Encounter Information
- Hantavirus Prevention
- Bat Information
- Tick Removal Guide
I. HEALTH and SAFETY – CALL or TEXT 911
For life and facility threatening emergencies, call or text 911 and inform dispatch about location and type of emergency. Next, if you are able, inform the Administration Office in Barclay Classroom Building during office hours or Ian Billick in Barclay Cabin after hours.
If appropriate, raise an alarm: a good strategy is to find the nearest car and honk its horn. There are fire extinguishers and smoke alarms in every building, and escape ladders on all second floors. In case of fire, exit the building immediately, and try to raise an alarm.
Phones in Gothic: Please try your neighbor in nearby cabins first.
Other phones are located:
- Barclay Building, Administrative Office
- Willey Building- First floor, East entry, first door on the left
- The Visitors Center, 10 AM-4 PM daily (June-September)
- billy barr community center board room or commercial kitchen (6 AM – 10 PM)
II. WATER THAT WON’T SHUT OFF or LEAKING GAS
Shut off water or gas, if possible, and email RMBL staff at: email@example.com
Expect an email response within 2 hours during business hours Monday – Friday; or by 9:00 AM the following day on weekends.
Water That Will Not Turn On
For water that will not turn on, please fill out a work order request: www.rmbl.org/work-order-request/
III. LOCALIZED NON-CONTAINED FIRE- CALL or TEXT 911
- Exit the building through the nearest door or window;
- Inform dispatch about the location and size of the fire;
- If the fire is small and safe to put out, use a fire extinguisher;
- Inform the Administration Office in the Barclay Classroom Building during office hours or Ian Billick/Jennie Reithel in Barclay cabin