April 7, 1954 – October 5, 2019
Please find details below regarding the service and events surrounding the celebration of life for Scott Wissinger, RMBL scientist for 30+ years, mentor of numerous scientists and students, long-time RMBL board member, and community volunteer. Please refer back to this webpage for updates on the schedule. Questions can be directed to Ian Billick, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Memorials can be made to benefit Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory (PO Box 519 Crested Butte, CO 81224) or French Creek Recreational Trail (PO Box 592 Meadville, PA 16335)
Saturday, July 3rd, Schedule of Events
8:00 am – Hike to Mexican Cut
- RSVP for the hike by June 26th here
- Meet at the RMBL Visitor Center.
- This hike includes a water crossing and involves 500 ft in elevation gain.
- Bring rain gear, water, and food.
- Expect to leave by 8:15 am and return by 1 pm. Plan for 2.5 – 3 hours of hiking time and time to stop and sit.
- Those interested in an easier hike or arrangements to tour Gothic can contact Ian Billick, email@example.com.
3:00 pm – Coffee and Gathering
- Coffee and cookies
- Music by Kevin Donovan
- billy barr Community Center
3:30 pm – Celebration of life moderated by Dr. Howard Whiteman with Scheduled Speakers
- RSVP for the service here
- Streamed live via Zoom
- Wear purple!
- There may be some limited time at the end for unscheduled speakers, but if you would like to say a few words and be included in the schedule, please contact Ian Billick.
- The memorial service will likely take place inside the Community Center; therefore, we ask that all participants 12 and older be vaccinated if they plan to attend in person. Masks will be required while indoors, except for speakers.
6:00 pm – Dinner
- RSVP by June 26th for dinner here
- Courtesy of the RMBL Dining Hall